Mr. Prill told us that the Persian Wars were pointless and he loves Persia. I think this is a joke from him, as he wouldn't like the war that helped bring down his best friend. Remember the Persians attacked Athens because they had a big ego and didn't want to lose their pride after some ethnic Greeks under Persian control revolted. It lasted for a long time and NOBODY WON. Xerxes tried it a second time and got demolished.
Now the Punic Wars, that's my type of conflict. The Carthagenians invaded a part of Sicily and this part of Sicily requested Rome's help. Rome stomped down the Carthogenian navy and spit on it in the first war. The Carthage led an attack on the Romans going through the Alps with elephants in the second war leaving Romans very furious. Then Rome, the underdog beat Carthage to a pulp and crushed their skulls.
NOW TELL ME WHICH IS THE BETTER CONFLICT. I BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER PEPSRIAN WARS VOTE!!!!!!
Alec did seem a little too passionate about his opinion haha but I do think he has a very valid point. However I think he might of overlooked the signifigance of the Persian Wars. The conflict weakened Greece and Persia just enough to allow Alexander the success of his campaign. Alexander conquered lands all the way into Egypt and India. Although his politics were not favorable, he did spread western culture essentially shifting the power of the classical societies from Persia to the West.
I'd like to agree with Coty, and personally thank him for giving some much needed insight regarding this FYC post. The Persian Wars had a much mroe significant standpoint throughout the Persian empire. However, I favored the conflicts involving Romans and Christians, and the Xiangnu and Chinese. I particularly favored the conflict against the Christians because it was very similar to the Persian Wars, only more humorous than drastically violent and pointless(no appointed winner). Christians were rebellious, and the Romans reacted hostilely towards them, even crucifying Jesus of Nazareth. And the funny part was how clueless the Roman government was and how foolishly they acted out against the statement of a "Kingdom of God". Also, the conflict involving the Xiangnu and the Chinese was similar. Chinese, trying to maintain pride and dignity, and the Xiangnu issuing their demands. Although the Chinese are backed up into a corner, they are too proud to accept defeat. As seen in the letters between Mo-tun and the Han emperor, the Xiangnu issue their demands and assert their authority, and in return, the Chinese emperor literally bows down to him, but to show he isn't a complete lapdog, in the third paragraph he tries to pin the conflict on them and tries to assert his own authority. It's a struggle of pride vs. power, very humorous...
7 comments:
The Persian Wars people?!?!
No love for the Punic Wars, I mean come on.
Mr. Prill told us that the Persian Wars were pointless and he loves Persia. I think this is a joke from him, as he wouldn't like the war that helped bring down his best friend. Remember the Persians attacked Athens because they had a big ego and didn't want to lose their pride after some ethnic Greeks under Persian control revolted. It lasted for a long time and NOBODY WON. Xerxes tried it a second time and got demolished.
Now the Punic Wars, that's my type of conflict. The Carthagenians invaded a part of Sicily and this part of Sicily requested Rome's help. Rome stomped down the Carthogenian navy and spit on it in the first war. The Carthage led an attack on the Romans going through the Alps with elephants in the second war leaving Romans very furious. Then Rome, the underdog beat Carthage to a pulp and crushed their skulls.
NOW TELL ME
WHICH IS THE BETTER CONFLICT.
I BETTER NOT SEE ANOTHER PEPSRIAN WARS VOTE!!!!!!
COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just want to say that Alec scares me.
I just want to say that Melanie scares me WAY more than I scare her.
i just want to say that everyone that just posted scares me. (OMG THAT MEANS ME!) :O
haha this is just like facebook...except all AP World-y
Alec did seem a little too passionate about his opinion haha but I do think he has a very valid point. However I think he might of overlooked the signifigance of the Persian Wars. The conflict weakened Greece and Persia just enough to allow Alexander the success of his campaign. Alexander conquered lands all the way into Egypt and India. Although his politics were not favorable, he did spread western culture essentially shifting the power of the classical societies from Persia to the West.
I'd like to agree with Coty, and personally thank him for giving some much needed insight regarding this FYC post.
The Persian Wars had a much mroe significant standpoint throughout the Persian empire.
However, I favored the conflicts involving Romans and Christians, and the Xiangnu and Chinese.
I particularly favored the conflict against the Christians because it was very similar to the Persian Wars, only more humorous than drastically violent and pointless(no appointed winner). Christians were rebellious, and the Romans reacted hostilely towards them, even crucifying Jesus of Nazareth. And the funny part was how clueless the Roman government was and how foolishly they acted out against the statement of a "Kingdom of God".
Also, the conflict involving the Xiangnu and the Chinese was similar. Chinese, trying to maintain pride and dignity, and the Xiangnu issuing their demands. Although the Chinese are backed up into a corner, they are too proud to accept defeat. As seen in the letters between Mo-tun and the Han emperor, the Xiangnu issue their demands and assert their authority, and in return, the Chinese emperor literally bows down to him, but to show he isn't a complete lapdog, in the third paragraph he tries to pin the conflict on them and tries to assert his own authority. It's a struggle of pride vs. power, very humorous...
Alec you just demolished this entire blog with that... but you really are right about the Punic wars being the best.
Post a Comment