Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Reviewing Barack Obama's First 100 Days as United States President

Well folks, it's official, the Obama Era of American history (and world history for that matter) is exactly 100 days old. It seems that the consensus is a fairly positive one, posting the highest on the job approval rating (62%) of any president in the first 100 days since Jimmy Carter. Of course the difficult challenges still remain. Probably the most difficult hurdle that still remains a problem is a lack of bi-partisanship as Democrats and Republicans still remain very divided, especially in the House of Representatives. So many goals remain to be fulfilled and so much remains to be seen. That being said, the first 100 days are traditionally rocky, so to have a job approval rating of 62% and a personal approval rating of 81% is unusual and impressive by any standard. Ever since day one of the Obama presidency, a whirlwind of major global issues have hit hard, and the BBC has done its typically PHENOMENAL job of tracking every inch of the first 100 days. You can look the BBC Special Report of Obama's first 100 days by clicking here. I especially enjoy reading BBC's presidential report cards. Below are a couple of BBC assessments of the first 100 days. I especially enjoy the whirlwind first 100 days in 100 seconds.




8 comments:

Nicole Gustafson said...

Woah, I'm watching this right now on "the news," eerie timing.


--------
Woah! The flu is now stage 5!

Nicole Gustafson said...

Mr. Prill have you decided to add you twitter? I cannot find you on twitter. I'm looking to add some of these important people I have never heard of...

Nicole Gustafson said...

96 people in U.S. with swine flu! It was about 50 an hr ago that I saw!

amber toy said...

CANT WAIT TO WATCH IT!!!
WOO HOO!

Theresa Dang said...

awww. he has a dog! that's the first ive seen the president have a pet. & it's so cute!
and Obama seems to be doing very very well so far. i liked the 100 days in 100 seconds video. it was quick but good because it didnt go though everything.
ohh and something ive noticed is that the first lady is like everywhere! she's on the cover of so many magazines.

Prill said...

yeah she was also bagging lunches at a washington food bank for the needy this morning... she's very much involved in volunteer service and charity.

Macy Stucke said...

I think Obama has done a good job for the first 100 days into his presidency. He came in with a lot of issues and still has even more to deal with. He's doing a good job and hope he can get the economy going again.

MDG said...

I think Obama has been pretty successful in his first 100 days. He came in at such a difficult time for everyone, and there was so many people doubting that he could handle it. He's actually come up with a lot of ideas that actually seem reasonable. I like the fact that he's not dictating every move we make in terms of this whole Swine Flu issue. He's considering everything that doctors and such are saying in terms of what we should do rather than doing something irrational like closing off all the borders and disregarding the fact that doctors are saying that it'd only reduce the number of cases by MAYBE ten percent if that. For having so many things on his plate, he's been handling things quite well and really seems to be trying to communicate with such a divided nation (democrats/republicans) to try to come up with solutions to things that will work with everyone and not just his own political party.