Well folks, in the first televised awards show of the year, the Critics Choice Awards (given by the Broadcast Film Critics Association), Slumdog Millionaire won big making it the clear front-runner now for Oscar's coveted Best Picture prize. Sometimes this particular awards show can be a bit drab, but I found it to be an unusually enjoyable evening with some interesting surprises along the way, including Kate Winslet's win for Best Supporting Actress in The Reader and the tie for Best Actress between Meryl Streep for Doubt and Anne Hathaway for Rachel Getting Married. It's difficult to say who's the front-runner in that category now, as I've found that category the hardest to predict all year. Finally, congratulations to the wonderfully talented, yet now deceased, Heath Ledger for his well deserved post-humanous award for The Dark Knight. Ultimately, congratulations to Danny Boyle and the entire cast and crew of Slumdog Millionaire for this achievement. There is still quite a road to Oscar still left though, so buckle up your seat belts ladies and gentlemen, we've got a race! In the meantime, below were all of tonight's winners.Best Picture- Slumdog Millionaire
Best Director- Danny Boyle, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Writer- Simon Beaufoy, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Foreign Language Film- Waltz with Bashir
Best Animated Feature- Wall-E
Best Actor- Sean Penn, Milk
Best Actress- TIE! Meryl Streep, Doubt and Anne Hathaway, Rachel Getting Married
Best Supporting Actor- Heath Ledger, The Dark Knight
Best Supporting Actress- Kate Winslet, The Reader
Best Acting Ensemble- Milk
Best Documentary Feature- Man on Wire
Best Composer- A.R. Rahman, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Song- "The Wrestler," Bruce Springsteen from The Wrestler
Best Comedy- Tropic Thunder
Best Action Movie- The Dark Knight
Best Young Actor/Actress- Dev Patel, Slumdog Millionaire
Best Picture Made for Television- John Adams
Up next: The Golden Globes will air live on Sunday evening. This is a biggie folks, so stay tuned! You can click here to see the nominees again.

16 comments:
I want to watch it right now but my sister wont let me and is watching boring gray's anatomy. THIS SUCKS. Well, at least i d know the results directly from you, Mr Prill
im watching it!
im soo happy that heath won best supporting actor.
he deserves it for his work. it was amazing!
but i dont think tropic thunder should of won. it seemed stupid..
Mr. Prill, lol...The song you keep talking about in class, Istanbul (Not Constantinople), I listened to it on youtube. Very catchy, stuck in my head all while I was reading. thanks...
lol. Cool song, though. haha
Wow. I didn't know Wall-e was so good. I thought Kungfu Panda would have been a better animation. I really liked Get Smart as a comedy. I love Steve Carrel's personality in every movie he acts in.
I think that Heath Ledger definitely deserved to win. He was amazing in The Dark Night. Not only was he a really good actor but its a nice honor in his memory.
I agree with andi, tropic thunder was lame. pretty funny also pretty lame. but dark knight yeah! thats exciting!
Well i bet you're happy Mr. Prill. Slumdog did win the most. Now i wanna go see it. I'm happy wall-e won at least once. & I'm curious about Milk. I've never heard of that one either until it was on the bolg a couple times.
I was hoping the Dark Knight would win best picture but it didnt. The Dark Knight did win best action movie but I think that was pretty much a given, there wasn't any other action movie that could compete with it. Heath Ledger also won best supporting actor but that was predictable as well as he did do a very good job in his role and unfortunately his death probably helped his chances of winning.
I illegaly downloaded it and loved it! i seriously can only name like one movie that isnt bollywood movie that comes out of indai. Since you were right about this I am going to go watch that Iran movie you talk about in class. I guess movies do give some Americans the insight that they need into other cultures without the hassle of travel...even if most movies idealize situations.
I hoped The Dark Night would get best picture, too.. but it didnt! Oh well, I really want to see Slumdog Millionaire even more now. It looks so good!
Yeah! haha i knew Slumdog Millionaire will win a lot of awards. As i've said before, it's a great movie! If you haven''t seen it , you must!
haha! i watched a cartoon version of istanbul not constantinople... it turns out that i actually own that cartoon on vhs. thats why i heard when i was about 5... my mom saw me watching the cartoon and told me about it!
AP World History... bringing families together, one song at a time
wow mr. prill... your the next Dr.Phill! (that was sarcasm)
Aww woo dark night!
And its so good that Heath Ledger won! What a great way to honor his memory and his talents.
Sapp.
did u just say Jaiho! wow....that's funny...well my family and i r watching it tonight, because both me and my dad have been aticipating but we never had time..i'm so excited!!!!
Post a Comment