Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Whapey Awards Season 4 Winners!

For the second season straight, Japan won best government as a result of their last minute shocking appearance in the series. In all, Japan took home 4 awards, including the grand prize of Best Government. The other winners are listed below...

Best Government: Japan

Most Influential Society: Britain

Most Influential Person: Napoleon Bonaparte

Best Leader: Mahmud II

Worst Leader: Empress Dowager Cixi

Best Conflict: Russo-Japanese War

Best Social System: Japan

Best Economic System: Capitalism

Best Labor System: Industrialization

Worst Labor System: Indentured Servitude

Best Invention: Steam Engine

Worst Invention: Factories

Most Influential Writer: Karl Marx

Best Cultural Contribution: Industrialization

Best Movie: Mean Girls (in helping to understand Japan)


Some of these wins were a bit inconsistant (i.e. Best Labor System Industrialization but Worst Invention Factories???). At any rate, get ready and get set, because tomorrow is THE SEASON 5 PREMIERE!

12 comments:

Alec Livaditis said...

Nobodey went for organized sports for best cultural contribution... Surpising, but nobobody posted on the Olympic documents a while back, which was also surprising...

Prill said...

yeah, especially since i said that i have a dbq in my arsenal on that very topic

Brooke Sapp said...

I think I'd agree with most of the winners =]
mean girls won mr.prill hahaha. =P
sapp.

Ji Young Chung said...

Guess who's reading that document right now???

cori kempshall said...

I CANT WAIT!!! And i agree with pretty much most of the winners, like japan and the best government.

Lora Persyn said...

Personally I think the steam engine is a little more helpful than team sports. It is close though. i'm still not happy with most influential person, but at least this time I can actually see why ppl would pick him.

Trevor D. said...

I DEMAND A RECOUNT!!!-Gore

Best Cultural Contribution was obviously the Cult of Domesticity created out of Displacing females from the work place....

Macy Stucke said...

I was mad that I forgot to vote but I am really glad that Japan win. And I also think it is funny that mean girls won. hahaha

David Douglas said...

ahahaha Mean Girls...

okay, so Prill.
Will this blog be up next year, too? Cuz i wanna get on every now and then to check up on the level of disillusionment of your future students! plus it will have info on Russia trip, which i wanna go to! anyway, just letting you know...I'm definitely going to be corrupting your future students...MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

sorry for the off-topic-ness!

Prill said...

please visit anytime next year... prill family for life is a promise

David Douglas said...

Suh-weet! :D let the corruption begin! Dixon and I are going to be your worst nightmare next year...

Ahahaha Trevor...some would argue that's the worst...but I'm right there with you! ;) once again, MUAHAHA!

Kevin_Shin said...

aww... i really thought Darwin would be recognized as most influential leader