The premiere of the Five for Five Film Festival launched today with James Moll's The Last Days in the theater. Needless to say, the screening was a success. Thanks to all who came to the premiere. You were a superb audience, and obviously the film had a profound effect on all in attendance. Next week, on Wednesday, March 25th, the second film in our series will be screened: Stanley Kubrick's 1964 masterpiece Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. For me, Dr. Strangelove is the greatest Cold War film ever made, and one of the greatest films ever made of any genre. Kubrick's film was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1964, including Best Picture. The author of your textbook, Dr. Jerry Bentley describes it as a film that "comedically represented the leaders of the United States and the USSR as insane morons whose irrational policies guaranteed the destruction of all life on earth through nuclear war." It really is a primary document in and of itself, as it really manages to give the viewer an authentic impression of the mindset of Americans at this extremely frightening time in human history. The film will be shown at 2:30 pm in my room. Again, NO EXTRA CREDIT IS OFFERED FOR ATTENDING. There are only 30 available spots due to limited seating in my room, so please sign up early right here in the comments section of this blog post. Dr. Strangelove is rated PG, and it has a runtime of 93 minutes. A trailer for the film can be viewed below. I hope to see you there.Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Join Us on Wednesday, March 25th for a Screening of "Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb"
The premiere of the Five for Five Film Festival launched today with James Moll's The Last Days in the theater. Needless to say, the screening was a success. Thanks to all who came to the premiere. You were a superb audience, and obviously the film had a profound effect on all in attendance. Next week, on Wednesday, March 25th, the second film in our series will be screened: Stanley Kubrick's 1964 masterpiece Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb. For me, Dr. Strangelove is the greatest Cold War film ever made, and one of the greatest films ever made of any genre. Kubrick's film was nominated for 4 Oscars in 1964, including Best Picture. The author of your textbook, Dr. Jerry Bentley describes it as a film that "comedically represented the leaders of the United States and the USSR as insane morons whose irrational policies guaranteed the destruction of all life on earth through nuclear war." It really is a primary document in and of itself, as it really manages to give the viewer an authentic impression of the mindset of Americans at this extremely frightening time in human history. The film will be shown at 2:30 pm in my room. Again, NO EXTRA CREDIT IS OFFERED FOR ATTENDING. There are only 30 available spots due to limited seating in my room, so please sign up early right here in the comments section of this blog post. Dr. Strangelove is rated PG, and it has a runtime of 93 minutes. A trailer for the film can be viewed below. I hope to see you there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

35 comments:
i'm coming!!!
I'm coming; better to see it with the group
Lora is coming!
Mien Fuhrer I,m there
Sign me up!! :D NiCoLe is coming!
I am so coming!
Vitruvia is the most amazing person in the world!
I'll be there
Coming! =)
i would like to come please! :)
I'm coming :)
I WANNA COMEEEEE!!!!!!
i hated missing the one today.. but id love to come to this one!! sign me up :)
I'm definitely going to make this one! >_<"
i'm in
me! me! me! me!
YES I'M COMING! hahaha yay! i made the quota!
im coming!!!!
xD
I'm definitely coming
if you have room ill go
i'm coming
I'm coming! :D
Sign me in please
i'll be there, if there's still room! thanks :)
Im coming
-David Recchia
im coming if i made the cut!!!
I'll definitely be there!
Glad there will be a restriction to seating so there's no chaos.
Last time, I was sitting in the front to get away from them, but still had trouble focusing over the noise.
I'm coming
I'm coming :)
Me! Did I win the last seat?
yes you did mr. shin! seating is now filled. if any of you have to cancel for any reason, please let me know so that i can make room for another person.
Sooo... you'll tell us if a spot opens up? =/ on here or in class?
if there is any cancellations can i fill in that spot PLEASE?!?!?
if a spot opens up i'll let you guys know in class and on here if necessary
miss sapp, if you want in i've got a spot for you, you were the first person on the waiting list
hey i have SAT practice so i cant make it today. Anybody want my spot?
Post a Comment