By the middle of the 20th century, newsreels shown in movie theaters such as the one below are interesting (albeit biased) primary sources to consider.
Was this germanys attempt to get US,britain and france out of west berlin? Power cuts and road blockades? and did the soviets believe that we were going to give up then or where they surprised that we came up with the berlin air lift idea
I have to say, I love this airlift thing. It's like, hmmm, now can we REALLY tick off Stalin? I doubt this was really about helping western Germans. We've got a lot of nerve though, this could have easily started a war.
It really had propaganda in it- "a mission of mercy, the feeding of hungry..." That wasn't the actual point of it. The point was to a) save only OUR people in East Berlin and b) get more supporters in West Berlin, turn them from communist to capitalist, maybe hoping for a revolt? Anyway, it makes the US seem like a wonderful country, but there are political motives behind it, too.
this is the perfect example of propaganda at its finest, now the united states is being seen as this heroic figure that saves thousands of lives of people in berlin and Soviet Union is seen as a force that wants to kill and hostage people.
in the video what was the generls name who they said was greeted by tthe secretary of the Army Royal and Bradley? was it General Play? I couldnt really understand that word.
wow i LOVE how much of a good guy the United states is seeming to be during this blockade of Berlin!! I mean really, how can the Soviets compete with them giving food and help to control the "red nuse" of the communist power. They have to do something kinda drastic to get more support in Berlin, i think.
5 comments:
Was this germanys attempt to get US,britain and france out of west berlin? Power cuts and road blockades? and did the soviets believe that we were going to give up then or where they surprised that we came up with the berlin air lift idea
I have to say, I love this airlift thing. It's like, hmmm, now can we REALLY tick off Stalin? I doubt this was really about helping western Germans. We've got a lot of nerve though, this could have easily started a war.
It really had propaganda in it- "a mission of mercy, the feeding of hungry..." That wasn't the actual point of it. The point was to a) save only OUR people in East Berlin and b) get more supporters in West Berlin, turn them from communist to capitalist, maybe hoping for a revolt? Anyway, it makes the US seem like a wonderful country, but there are political motives behind it, too.
this is the perfect example of propaganda at its finest, now the united states is being seen as this heroic figure that saves thousands of lives of people in berlin and Soviet Union is seen as a force that wants to kill and hostage people.
in the video what was the generls name who they said was greeted by tthe secretary of the Army Royal and Bradley? was it General Play? I couldnt really understand that word.
wow i LOVE how much of a good guy the United states is seeming to be during this blockade of Berlin!! I mean really, how can the Soviets compete with them giving food and help to control the "red nuse" of the communist power. They have to do something kinda drastic to get more support in Berlin, i think.
Post a Comment